Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On My Way!

Today is Day 5 in a smoke-free world for me! I don't know if that last sentence really deserves an exclamation point or not, but faked enthusiasm has gotta count for something. I have made it about 4 and 1/2 days longer than I expected to and it does seem to be getting a slight bit easier....emphasis on the slight.

The craziest thing happened though...I started to get small cuts in my mouth since quitting. Apparently, the cigarette smoke acts as a pesticide in your mouth and kills off bacteria and thickens the skin in your mouth. How absolutely disgusting is that?! I just wanted to share that little tidbit. It was enough to strengthen my resolve (at least for a while).

I can't wait to not be tempted by those little beasts. That'll be the first HUGE step in finally addressing the PCOS. Hope everyone out there has an amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. So I've tried posting a couple times now and I think it just hated on me...

    Anyways, hopefully this one goes through!!

    It's been a week and no smokey treats! So far so good and I haven't even killed anyone yet! (yes, it's a miracle)

    I wanted to say thank you, for the boost to actually help me do something I have been thinking about for a while and for the inspiration to actually do it!

    Also: That's really gross and I did not know that!! Ew!

    Hope things are going well with you!!

    ~Alison
    aka Faery Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO great that you are smoke-free too! I am hanging in there on Day 10. Maybe we can swap tips sometime? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete